Supporting Make-A-Wish at Atlassian
Thanks for having us at your recent Global Town Hall. Here's some information about how you can support Make-A-Wish and make wishes come true for seriously ill kids, wherever you are in the world!
Make-A-Wish is the world's largest wish granting charity, granting more than 450,000 wishes for seriously ill children worldwide. That's one every 17 minutes!
Make-A-Wish in Australia
We're the only Australian children’s charity focusing exclusively on wishes.
- We have been granting wishes in Australia since 1985 – from the very first wish by 16-year old Shawn, who battled Duchenne muscular dystrophy, to see his favourite footy team live in action.
Ways to help in Australia
Lend a hand, roll up your sleeves and volunteer as an Event Helper.
Here's the current Sydney events we're recruiting for:
- Wish Wonderland Sydney Gala Ball, 20 July - Help the set up and smooth running of this special event at Dockside Darling Harbour.
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, 15 September (from 5am) - Soak up the atmosphere while you support Team Wish, our amazing group of Make-A-Wish runners.
- Westfield Christmas Gift Wrapping, various dates in December - Get into the Christmas spirit and help raise vital funds by volunteering to wrap presents.
Interested? Sign up now
If you have a skill that you think may help achieve our mission, please let us know.
Examples of skilled volunteers who give their time include:
- Business Analysts, Change Managers, Developers and other technology roles helping us deliver world class digital programmes to support our people in making wishes come true.
- Graphic designers creating artwork and marketing collateral.
- UX professionals advising on our website and digital volunteering platforms.
- Corporate consultants who advise on our strategic plans.
- Photographers who help capture wish stories.
Why not organise a Bake A Wish office fundraiser to raise much needed funds for wishes? It's a great way to bring your colleagues together and help make wishes come true.
It's quick and easy to set up and our Fundraising team will be there to support you at every step.
Haven’t used your donation matching yet? Why not double your impact to help seriously ill kids!
Donate before the end of the tax year and get your donation matched by Atlassian.
Why wishes matter
A wish is not a fleeting gift - each child's Wish Journey is carefully planned and delivered over several stages to create a positive, lasting impact.
- Wishes are designed to complement a child's medical treatment, working to calm, distract and inspire at a time they need it most.
- When a wish is realised, a child discovers that despite their situation, anything is possible.
Watch Isla's video to see the lasting effect of her wish.